Clear all

£200 Acoustic

7 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@stevedabear)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Sorry guys i'm asking this question again.. but i'm looking to buy an acoustic for definate this weekend.. I'm looking to spend £200 on one, The style of acoustic songs i like are .. Eric Clapton - Tears in Heaven. And, a nice sweet sound rather than a low powerful one.

Anyone any ideas ?

The site i'm looking to buy one off of is http://www.gak.co.uk

What are Fender Acoustics like ? and Ibanez ones ?

(@mattguitar_1567859575)
Noble Member

Steve

Avoid Fender at that price range. You would be better off with a Yamaha or similar.

Just my 2p's worth

Regards

Matt

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

I think the Fender Dreads DG-22S and 25S are exceptions to that rule. Personally I don't think much of the tone of the rest of the Fender line.

ReplyQuote
(@primeta)
Prominent Member

I'd be tempted to go for one of the smaller brands. Art & Lutherie esp the solid cedar dreadnought and Simon & Patrick make good guitars, but if you're in Britain have a look around for Tanglewood, most of the Brits on this site speak highly of them.

"Things may get a whole lot worse/ Before suddenly falling apart"
Steely Dan
"Look at me coyote, don't let a little road dust put you off" Knopfler

ReplyQuote
(@ciaran)
Eminent Member

I'd recommend going to a decent guitar shop and playing them. I picked up a Samick for £130 last year after playing pretty much everything in the shop, at various price ranges. Don't know what anyone else thinks of their guitars, I'd never even heard of them at the time, but this cheap model was genuinely my favourite in the shop, and I still love it to bits. If I'd bought online, I'd have spent a lot more.

ReplyQuote
(@stevedabear)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Yeah, i've heard Tanglewoods. They have a large range of them in a shop which i sometimes go in... i've heard people play them and i quite like what i hear. I may have to go in there and playthem myself.

No idea about the Ibanez acoustics ?

ReplyQuote
(@english-one)
Estimable Member

Gak is my local music shop! wow...

Anyways, in the £200 budget I would recomend Ibanez I think. They may not have the "hand built pure tone" or whatever, but they are possibly some of the most solidly built instruments I've come across in a while, and they do sound lovely. I've got my eye on a Ibanez PF60CE, which is a solid top, cutaway dreadnaught electro-acoustic, all for under £200. They seem to have quite a few very mice looking acoustics for around that price. Take a look at the AW 40, the AW28 and maybe the AC90. (These are just the good looking ones in that price range that I can see on the website).

Alternatively, maybe take a look at Tanglewood. I've found them to have a really lovely tone, and theyre also well priced.

I think maybe the Simon and Patrick, and the Arts and Luthiery might be a little out of your price range, they usually start at about the £300 mark. Worth a look though.

Also try
http://www.theacousticmusicco.co.uk/

Hope that helps

Peter

ReplyQuote