Notifications
Clear all

Acoustic Electric Noise Problem

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@erock1156)
Topic starter  

I'm having trouble with my acoustic/electric setup. I have a Martin 000CXE with Fishman prefix pro electronics. Very recently I now have a buzzing/interference noise that is constant. It intensifies when I touch the strings. I've tried several cords, outlets (I've had it plugged in to the same place for like a year and added no new electronic devices) I'm at a for what to do any advice would be much appreciated. I think I've isolated it to the guitar.

(@eddies880)

I'm having trouble with my acoustic/electric setup. I have a Martin 000CXE with Fishman prefix pro electronics. Very recently I now have a buzzing/interference noise that is constant. It intensifies when I touch the strings. I've tried several cords, outlets (I've had it plugged in to the same place for like a year and added no new electronic devices) I'm at a for what to do any advice would be much appreciated. I think I've isolated it to the guitar.Dead Battery?

Looking for the Perfect Tone

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

when you insert the cord I think a red light briefly lights up. it tells you the battery is working.
after checking that, see if a ground wire as come loose.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
(@erock1156)
Topic starter  

I knew about the red light when the battery was low and tried several batteries, and even bought a new one to make sure, but I still have that hum/buzz. I believe you're right it may be a ground issue, but am unsure as to how to resolve that. I am not knowledgeable, but handy and have plenty of tools. Could someone please give me a brief walkthrough on how and where I would check? I've only had the guitar about a year or so - it's kept at constant humidity and doesn't really travel. I can only access the small amount of electronics that are visible at the top of the body. The house is grounded fine, I've tried several outlets - this is a newer house (5 years) Any help would be apreciated greatly.

ReplyQuote