Notifications
Clear all

tuning instability with an RGXTT

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@tapehead)
Topic starter  

hello, last year i purchase a yamaha rgxtt electric guitar. i understand that this is a discontinued product. it has a wilkinson vs100 tremelo and sperzel locking tuners. i recently decided to restring this guitar as it hasent been done in a while. i didnt change the gauge or make of strings on the guitar and am having extreme difficulty tuning it. i am still in the process of streching the strings and i am having problems with the E A D and G strings. when i strech one, the other strings pitch shoots up. so i tune them all to the correct tuning and begin streching again. the same problem happens. the tuners are tightly secured on the guitar, the neck is tightly secured as is the bridge level and everything seems to be correctly setup. i have been trying for 4 hours to get the pitch to settle but am unable to.when ever i try to stretch and setlle one string into the tuning the others over shoot by quite abit. i know this isnt normal as the B and E strings stay in tune and it hasent happened before. please can you help me resolve this problem as i use this guitar as my main instrument and havent had this type of fault before. i am at a dead end and am unsure on how to resolve this issue. i have searched the net for sperzel help or wilkinson help and have found nothing. i set up the strings to the T from the manual that came with the guitar when i purchased. please help me

(@eddies880)

hello, last year i purchase a yamaha rgxtt electric guitar. i understand that this is a discontinued product. it has a wilkinson vs100 tremelo and sperzel locking tuners. i recently decided to restring this guitar as it hasent been done in a while. i didnt change the gauge or make of strings on the guitar and am having extreme difficulty tuning it. i am still in the process of streching the strings and i am having problems with the E A D and G strings. when i strech one, the other strings pitch shoots up. so i tune them all to the correct tuning and begin streching again. the same problem happens. the tuners are tightly secured on the guitar, the neck is tightly secured as is the bridge level and everything seems to be correctly setup. i have been trying for 4 hours to get the pitch to settle but am unable to.when ever i try to stretch and setlle one string into the tuning the others over shoot by quite abit. i know this isnt normal as the B and E strings stay in tune and it hasent happened before. please can you help me resolve this problem as i use this guitar as my main instrument and havent had this type of fault before. i am at a dead end and am unsure on how to resolve this issue. i have searched the net for sperzel help or wilkinson help and have found nothing. i set up the strings to the T from the manual that came with the guitar when i purchased. please help meRestringing a temelo guitar can be a chore.
I usaually start tuning all the thicker strings 1st, Ill start with low e,then a,and so on,Ill tune close to 440 on each string,Ill start on low e and finish on high e,it takes a couple of passes,, the springs need to met the tension of the strings,dont lock your tuners after youve tuned one string,leave them all unlocked untill you start getting all strings close to 440

Looking for the Perfect Tone

ReplyQuote