Clear all

ARGH! MY BRIDGE IS BROKEN!

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@azraeldrah)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

well here's a little problem, one of the strings on my bc rich warlock broke, fair enough replace it, however, when i asked my friend to grab it for me so i could do so he accidentally dropped it and now one of the string guides is missing. would it be possible to get a new guide or should i just replace the bridge? and any idea how much one should cost me (a new bridge or a new guide)?

This signature is a forgery.

(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

I would keep looking. If you know where he was at the time, it can't be too far.

Once at work a coworker dropped a small round bearing that was very important for a test we had to conduct. He knew right where he was standing when he dropped it. We knew this part could have went any direction when it hit the floor. We both spent at least 30 minutes searching. We were moving equipment around, getting down flat on the floor, we looked everywhere. But this part was important, if it was lost a new part would have to be made which might take days. So we kept on searching.

Finally, we just gave up. It seemed impossible, we searched everywhere this part could have rolled or bounced 10 times over. We gave up, it was lost. :cry:

We started moving everything back in place. Suddenly, I looked down and there it was in plain sight. It was right where we were standing and moving around all the time. We should have kicked this thing. But there it was.

So, make your friend look for it until he finds it. By the way, check your clothing. Sometimes something falls into your pockets or the cuffs of your pants, or even into your shoes. It is there somewhere.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@azraeldrah)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

okeydokey. chears.

This signature is a forgery.

ReplyQuote
(@u2bono269)
Noble Member

i assume you are talking about the saddles? even if you can't find it, saddles won't break the bank. the only thing is you'll hve to set the guitar up again and intonate it.

if you need new saddles, replce them all at once. don't just do one. it's just like strings really. but there's no need to buy an entirely new bridge.

http://www.brianbetteridge.com

ReplyQuote
(@manitou)
Estimable Member

A BC Warlock is a great sounding guitar, I loved the couple I had but they really skimp on hardware as a guidline it seems. If you have a bronze or something lower-high medium end Id be looking for a new bridge anyway :) It took me an hour and a fret file to make my BC quit breaking strings... :

SHUT UP ABOUT IRON MAIDEN SOLOS AND GO PRACTICE!
-Manitou

ReplyQuote