Notifications
Clear all

Bass guitar fretboard problem.

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@silentblackhat)
Topic starter  

I have an Ibanez GSR-190 Black Bass. Long story short, my brother got mad and decided to take my guitar by the neck and swing it down like an axe and try to smash it on the ground(carpet floor). the only thing that it did do was make a crack down the center of the guitar where the neck meets the body and runs down where the pickups are....it didnt crack the wood underneath the plastic finish tho(too it all apart and made sure). it also made the fretboard start to seperate from the neck. I have a few pics below to show. I am wondering if this is fixable, if i should get a new neck or if i should just get a new bass and sell my current one for parts?

I wouldnt mind having it like that but when i have the action where it is supposed to be, like it was before whre it felt good, the bass strings buzz against that really bad, they are pressed against it.

If it is fixable how? Is it just glued on? Any info would be greatly appreciated

(@97reb)
Noble Member

I'm not sure about fixing that bass. I'm sure someone else will have a better idea how to help you. If it is fixable and does not cost much to fix, I'd keep it because the reviews for that bass are really good. Good Luck and kick your brothers ass into the dirt.

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote
(@silentblackhat)
Topic starter  

I'd keep it because the reviews for that bass are really good. Good Luck and kick your brothers donkey into the dirt.

if i get rid of this bass im getting another one of the exact same model. if it costs much to fix then ill sell it back on ebay for parts and then get another one somewhere

ReplyQuote
(@corbind)
Noble Member

I'd sell it for parts and have your brother buy you a new one. I don't even know 'em and I'm frustrated he did that! :evil: Did he offer to fix things?

"Nothing...can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts."

ReplyQuote