Clear all

Best way to clean a guitar

9 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@maestro04)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

I have an acoustic thats pretty dusted up. Whats the best way to get the shine back in my guitar? Do you guys have any cleaning agents that you use?

(@steve-0)
Noble Member

I have an acoustic thats pretty dusted up. Whats the best way to get the shine back in my guitar? Do you guys have any cleaning agents that you use?

If it's just dust I use a cloth to clean it, it works better then you'd think.

Steve-0

ReplyQuote
(@pearlthekat)
Noble Member

Martin makes a guitar polish. you can use that. after that keep it in a case or bag, and wipe it down after each and every use.

ReplyQuote
(@kingpatzer)
Noble Member

a bit of water and a cotton diaper.

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." -- HST

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Got a coin-operated carwash nearby?

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@corbind)
Noble Member

:D Yea, rehumidify it a bit.

"Nothing...can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts."

ReplyQuote
(@daniel-lioneye)
Reputable Member

http://www.fender.com/products/search.php?partno=0990508000

I like the FENDER MIST & WIPE, you can buy it seperately.

i use the mist and wipe on my gloss black acoustic, it does wonders on the fingerprints and smudges, and makes the guitar shine like new.

Guitars: Electric: Jackson DX10D, J. Reynolds Fat Strat copy
Acoustic: New York and a Jasmine.
Amps: Austin 15 watt, Fender Deluxe 112, Fender Champion 600 5w, 0ld 1970's Sears 500g.
Effects: Digitech Whammy, Big Muff Pi USA, MXR, Washburn Distortion.

ReplyQuote
(@vers1on)

For me, the cloth would be the best choice. It's basically laying around your house and it does the job well. The bad thing is that it doesn't get in tight places too much, but since you're talking about an acoustic, you should be fine.

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

A microfiber cloth for dust, followed by a chamois. For sticky gunk you can't get off - lighter fluid.

ReplyQuote