Clear all

Built in tuner not functioning

8 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
 ctal
(@ctal)
Topic starter  

I purchased a Dean Exotica Quilt Ash Acoustic-Electric Guitar about a year ago and have been slowly learning how to play.

I normally tune the guitar before I sit down to practice and today noticed that I had last put the guitar away and the tuner got left turned on. I put in a new battery and I get an light showing there's power but the tuner does nothing else.

Is there anything else I can try?

(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

It may be that the new battery is not "fresh" and is producing enough power to light the LED but not enough to drive the tuner.

It is also possible that the old battery caused some reaction with the contacts and you are not getting a good connection between battery and connectors.

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

That's what I was going to suggest. Look for that whitish-greenish powdery looking gunk, take a soft cloth and get rid of it.

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

That's what I was going to suggest. Look for that whitish-greenish powdery looking gunk, take a soft cloth and get rid of it.
Great minds................ 8)

Greybeard's Pages

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Great minds................ 8)

8)

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

. . . and if it turns out . . . not to be a battery issue? . . .

. . . is there a plan B?

KR2

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

. . . and if it turns out . . . not to be a battery issue? . . .

. . . is there a plan B?

KR2
There's always a plan B.

I may not have thought of it, yet, but there will be one............................................ 8)

Greybeard's Pages

ReplyQuote
 ctal
(@ctal)
Topic starter  

I checked the battery area for any corrosion and didn't find any. (I used a clean Q-tip to swab the battery compartment).

I also asked over on Dean's forums just in case it's something they're familiar with.

If not I've gotta swing past the music store tomorrow or friday anyway and I'll bring it with me.

Thanks for the ideas, if I end up with a solution other than replacing it I'll post here.

ReplyQuote