Clear all

Buzz Feiten system.

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@joehempel)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

I've heard good and bad things about the Buzz Feiten System. It's being strongly recommended to me, and it just doesn't seem like it's a good fit for me.

What are the pros and cons, from people that have used it?

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Sorry Joe, never tried one. Guess I'm a bit regimented and I don't like the idea. :lol: I want to play the songs my favorite bands did and sound like they did. Most all of them did not utilize this system so my guitar necks have the same short comings I guess. I could see with your style of fingerpicking and open chords where it might be for you though. I only just read up a little on it. They think a guitar is not a "perfect" instrument. I beg to differ. :mrgreen:

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

Joe,

I have a Washburn with the BFS. Like anything else there are two sides to it.

The negative side is that it is installed to tune only one string guage correctly. The nut is also placed further forward than a normal nut, so if you were to retro-fit BFS, you'd lose part of your fretboard.
To intonate, you need a tuner that can handle the BFS.

The positive side is that the guitar sounds so much more melodious, when in tune.

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@joehempel)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Cool, thanks for the input guys. I experiment so much I don't think I'm using it, just not for me at this point.

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

ReplyQuote