Clear all

changing from floyd rose

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 kirk
(@kirk)
Topic starter  

Recently I purchased an older strat equipped with the floyd rose trem. system.  Now that I have had the guitar for a while, I don't know if I really like the setup. Is it possible to put a regular stratocaster trem. on it?

(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

There a few different type of floyd roses. Which type?  Has the guitar been modified to use a floating floyd rose or locking nut? What seems to be the probelm with the one thats there?

Perhaps it just needs a little adjustment. Floyd Rose tremolo systems do take a little getting use to but their worth it in the long run.

joe

ReplyQuote
 kirk
(@kirk)
Topic starter  

well, I believe it is the floating style.  Anyway it's older.  I think I just want to put a normal one on it anyway. It's just the feel of it that I don't really like.  Also, I have been toying with it, and I cannot lower the action.  I am unfarmiliar with how it works.

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

Without knowing which one it is it would be hard to advise you right.  you could put extra springs on it to make stiffer. do you know if it's factory or did someone have it put on.

You could check to see if there is any shims under it or even try tightening the pivot screws down Which are the two you see on the front of the guitar. that may lower it some.

just a thought

joe

ReplyQuote