Notifications
Clear all

Changing strings

7 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@kami2488)
Topic starter  

Im changing my guitar strings for the first time. I watched a video on how to do it. I understand the tuning peg end but not the other end. The guitar in the video the strings were put in through the front and I think im supposed to feed mine through the back and i have no clue how to do this!! Can anyone explain? dunno if this helps but its an ibanez solid body electric.

(@97reb)
Noble Member

So, are you saying that the strings pass through from the back of the guitar to the front of the guitar (through the wood of the guitar)?

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote
(@kami2488)
Topic starter  

i have no clue. One of my friends told me the strings feed through the back but he didnt know how to do it.

ReplyQuote
(@kami2488)
Topic starter  

but ya thats what im saying

ReplyQuote
(@97reb)
Noble Member

You probably have a bridge similar to this. The strings on this guitar come thru the back and extend over this bridge and up the neck to the head where the tuning pegs are.

The bridge is what the strings sit on down where you strum the strings. The "nut" is the little plastic piece (or some other material) up at the head and the strings sit on that also.

Maybe, this information will help you use that video with a little more ease. If not, please ask more questions!

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

There is a "plate" on the back of your guitar held on with some small screws. Remove that to get to the ball ends of your strings for removal and that is where you will feed the string through to the front.

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@kami2488)
Topic starter  

well thats easier then i thought thanks!

ReplyQuote