Clear all

Cleaning guitar polishing Rag

8 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@idiot85204)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

When I first bought my guitar the salesman gave me a fender cleaning rag and some guitar polish. At the time I didnt think it was important so i threw away the wrapper to the rag so i do not know what kind of fabric it is made of. Anyways, I think it needs to be cleaned. Or do they ever need to be cleaned? If so, what should i clean it with. Thanks,

(@waltaja)
Estimable Member

i always clean the body of my guitar and wipe down the strings when i'm thru playing for the day. i use a real real soft like terry cloth type towel. and i use fender or martin polish. as for when i wipe down the strings i just use the dry cloth to wipe off all the sweat and whatnot.

"I got a woman, stay drunk all the time!"

-Led Zeppelin-

ReplyQuote
(@paul-donnelly)
Noble Member

I wipe off the strings after playing. I use my shirt.

ReplyQuote
 sirN
(@sirn)
Reputable Member

I usually wipe down my guitar especially to get the sweat off of it. But then I start thinkng about all the classic guitars and how beat up they are.

It's a question I always come back to. Do I keep it in good shape or beat the hell outta it and give it some personality?

Anyone?

check out my website for good recording/playing info

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

Do I keep it in good shape or beat the hell outta it and give it some personality?
Fear not, good Sir, for there is an answer to your dilemma - the Esteban Burswood guitar. For the paltry sum of $100 you can buy a guitar, already in said condition (and, perhaps, even a little beyond that).

:D :D :D

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
 sirN
(@sirn)
Reputable Member

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Can you believe that I've actually woken up in the middle of the night, turned the tv on and practically freaked out when I though someone dug up Stevie Ray Vaughan's body and stole his hat!!! :lol:

I'd never heard of that Esteban guy until seeing him on tv. And yeah, I've read some pretty crappy reviews about his guitars (which he claims are every bit as good as his $5000 model). hahaha.

I was thinking aobut getting one for my daughter but then realized that it might ruin our relationship! :lol:

Esteban or Zorro! :lol:

check out my website for good recording/playing info

ReplyQuote
(@e-sherman)
Reputable Member

Look at it this way, your guitar is going to look beat-up in a couple years no matter how good you take care of it. So you mineaswell keep it in good condition so in a couple years it will look 'well-loved' instead of 'beat up' or 'crappy'.

The king of rock, some say lives
the lizard king, is surely dead
the king of France, lost his head
the King of Kings... bled
( email me at esherman@wideopenwest.(com). I almost never check my hotmailaccount.

ReplyQuote
(@idiot85204)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

I think the personallity of your guitar comes from the sound of it not how it looks. Sound kinda stupid but it kinda makes sense.

ReplyQuote