Clear all

Crate V50 Palomino 2x12 reverb trouble

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@bucky-katt)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

I have a nicely maintained all original V50 Palomino and this afternoon between my friends house where we were jamming and back to my house the reverb quit on both channels. odd thing is that i can tap the reverb housing with the reverb volume up and i get the slapping spring noise, i just dont get any reverb when playing a guitar through the amplifier. both RCA plugs are plugged securely into the reverb tank and there are no chewed spots on the cord (i have a siamese that likes to chew sometimes) does anyone have any suggestions on where to look next? i am pulling the chassis in the next few days because i want to dust the insides of the amplifier, maybe check and clean all the jacks and tube sockets as well. it sounds fantastic both clean and with high gain, it's just the reverb giving me fits.

(@elecsluther)
Eminent Member

No idea at all Bucky, but it's good to see you here! Diff user name but the same old guy with the new Xaviere Tele. That's not the Crate you were threatening to shoot at one time, is it--or did you get most of it sorted out and decide to keep it? Hope things are going well for you and someone has an answer for ya.

ReplyQuote
(@bucky-katt)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

no, that was a chinese built V50 112, that was an amplifier that used 2 6l6's and a PCB based sweitchable power supply that had a habit of burning themselves up. this is an EL34 based 2x12 amplifier, a totally different design even though they both share a V50 designation, the one i have is basically like a fender twin with a high gain channel.

ReplyQuote
(@ezraplaysezra)
Honorable Member

Tube driven reverb?

ReplyQuote