Clear all

customizing guitar

6 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@brotha_down)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

has anyone on here customized their guitar, like got new knobs, different colour pick guards, rings around the pick up, and the toggle switch?

ive got a black epiphone les paul with white/cream coloured pick guards and "trim", and was thinking about getting different colours of trim, like maybe gunmetal or silver/chrome to go with the black..

if there are any sites with the kinda things i might be lookin for plz post em.. thanx

(@spider61)

8) i've done a few upgrades to  my guitars. pickguard changes are about the best upgrade .

there are alot of companies that sell parts

www.allparts.com

just one gold record away from retriment..

ReplyQuote
(@badlands53)
Trusted Member

Yeah, I've changed my pickuard too. Easy to do yourself and can completely change the way the guitar looks. Just make sure the new one has the same number of screw holes in the right positions.

Well, if you can't make it, stay hard, stay hungry, stay alive, if you can, and meet me in a dream of this hard land.

ReplyQuote
(@psychonik)
Reputable Member

customize my guitar. I would never do that!!! ;D (that was sarcasm) My peavy can be considered a signature guitar, with a nice paint job, too! I knew it would pay off to learn how to airbrush, and now it has my signature on it, where it used to say peavy, so i guess it is a signature guitar now. Ive had the pickups changed, entirely took the knobs off, put in a floating bridge, where a strat bridge used to be, installed homemade straplocks, put on a locking nut, and im not done yet

ReplyQuote
(@paul-donnelly)
Noble Member

I scalloped the fretboard, installed a passive overdrive (I replaced one of the Strat's redundant tone knobs), shielded it, and rewired it for proper grounding.

ReplyQuote
(@jstar)
Eminent Member

I have a blue Yamaha Pacifica 521 ( not one of those intro 112's) that I put Fender Lace pickups on - blue/gold HB at neck, Silver SC at middle, and gold/gold HB at bridge.  I replaced all the hardwear with black and put on black Sperzel locking tuners (required a bit of drilling).  Painting a green dragon playing in the waves with a gold ball across the body and pickguard was the finishing touch!  

Am still glad I did it!  It's a great guitar.   Would I do it again?  Only if I can't find what I want new.

Music is therapy. Music is celebration. Music is everywhere. Music is life!

ReplyQuote