Did I make a mistake?

8 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@voodoo_merman)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Hey folks,

I have a Behringer strat copy and I noticed that on the pickguard there was a sheet of plastic covering. This plastic covering was beginning to peel and it was not very pleasing from an aesthetic standpoint. So, I carefully ripped it all off. Was this a bad move? Will my pickguard end up getting stained or anything like that? What exactly is the perpouse of that plastic covering anyway?

At this time I would like to tell you that NO MATTER WHAT...IT IS WITH GOD. HE IS GRACIOUS AND MERCIFUL. HIS WAY IS IN LOVE, THROUGH WHICH WE ALL ARE. IT IS TRULY -- A LOVE SUPREME --. John Coltrane

(@u2bono269)
Noble Member

you're supposed to take that off...and the skin on the trem plate on the back. it's just a protection, kinda like when you buy a car and some of the stuff is wrapped in plastc. it's meant ot be removed.

http://www.brianbetteridge.com

ReplyQuote
(@voodoo_merman)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

*feels stupid* Oh I knew that! :oops: Thanks alot Bono.

At this time I would like to tell you that NO MATTER WHAT...IT IS WITH GOD. HE IS GRACIOUS AND MERCIFUL. HIS WAY IS IN LOVE, THROUGH WHICH WE ALL ARE. IT IS TRULY -- A LOVE SUPREME --. John Coltrane

ReplyQuote
(@u2bono269)
Noble Member

hey i did it too when i bought my first guitar with a pickguard and it was only a few months ago. i was in the store thinking holy crap, this thing is filthy, then i rubbed at the dirt on it and it peeled right off!!! for some reason all the pickguards on the Squier 51s were filthy, but it was all on the skin so it came right off. and the rest of the guitar was dustless. bizarre.

http://www.brianbetteridge.com

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

It's a fair question. If you walked into a guitar shop to buy a guitar and the pick-guard was scratched up from other folks that don't have their picking capabilities under control and there's not a protective cover over the pick-guard it gets scratched and it won't sell very quickly or for top money.

Joe

ReplyQuote
(@hondaman)
Eminent Member

when i was looking at a friends guitar once he didnt peel it off and it looked so cheap i was like man your guitar looks so cheap :lol:

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

I think I'm anal retentive when it comes to little stuff like this. I don't like to remove those protective films until they look bad.

I have had a HD TV remote with that protective film on it and the TV is a year and 2 months old. The film is just peeling away from one corner and my wife keeps wanting to grab and pull. I gotta keep the remote hidden when away... :lol:

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@pilot)
Estimable Member

I think I'm anal retentive when it comes to little stuff like this.

...says the man who still has the coil tap tag on the guitar in his avatar pic. :P :lol:

(ducks and runs)

ReplyQuote