Clear all

Fender ?

5 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Not sure where to ask this so I will put it here. I bought another Fender Mex strat and after about 5 - 6 hrs of play it developed a buzz I could not fix ... I took it back to the shop and they could not figure it out either. Long story short, I swapped it for a Korean model with Seymour Duncans. I am not at all familiar with the Korean models. It plays well so far but I am waiting to see if Fender fixes the original. I guess I am asking if the Korean models are at least as well as made as the Mex ones. And as a side note is it normal for the cheaper Fenders to not handle as hard of an attack as like say my Gibson does. Any comments would be very appreciated... I know it is in the feel and sound thus the swap I did ... but if they get Fender to fix the original one, I will probably swap back.

(@primeta)
Prominent Member

Well, I'm hardly an expert, but my mex tele is fine after 4 months of moderate play.

As for the Korean models, they come in several levels, the 'standard' felt pretty close to the mex model to me. The Affinity seems less well made though they vary in quality quite a bit.

"Things may get a whole lot worse/ Before suddenly falling apart"
Steely Dan
"Look at me coyote, don't let a little road dust put you off" Knopfler

ReplyQuote
 Bull
(@bull)
Trusted Member

I got a Showmaster Scorpion HH made in Korea, And I just love it.
-Bull

ReplyQuote
(@arcmage)
Trusted Member

I guess some of my confusion is that this guitar only says Fender. Not Squier or stratocaster. On the back of the neck it says made in Korea. I don't know what parts are interchangeable with say the MIM or MIA models if at all. It's this one http://www.fender.com/misc/winternamm2004/other/Lite_Ash_Strat.html

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

it is a fender, thats it..not a branch off..

there are american and mexican series, and apprently korean too.

the american are considerd better made.. (and they are made in the U.S.A, so its nice to support factories that havnt been shipped to other countrie)

i blieve the korean one and the mexican are of the same (or almost) standard though.

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote