Clear all

Fret buzz

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@nwoodgirl)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

I changed my strings for the first time. I put on the same brand/size, but now I have fret buzz coming from the the E and D strings. My action is pretty low which has been nice and comfortable so far, but now with this buzzing I think I may need to raise the action. Is there a way that I can do this myself or is this something I would have to have a professional take care of? Thank you for your help.

Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

You did not mention what kind of guitar it is so it is hard to say what happened.

Could be a couple of things:

1) you did not use the same guage of string
2) if it has a Tune-o-matic type bridge it may have lowered itself if you loosened all strings at the same time.

If it is number 2 try to raise the bridge just a little at a time with the thumb wheel or the screw in the top of the bridge. Counter clockwise to raise it.

Follow the "My Stuff" link below and there is a basic setup doc that may help you

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@nwoodgirl)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Thank you for your reply. I have a Northwood acoustic. Actually a friend of mine who has been playing for about 30 years did the replacement as I was too afraid to try it on my own. I will take a look at your site.

ReplyQuote