Clear all

Fret problem

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@terminator)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

In my school, in a music lesson today, a bass guitar fell on my electric. A string broke, i didnt get too upset. I vent home as a completely happy person, got home, took the axxe out of the case, and noticed that some high frets have been dented by the hit of the strings. They are thin, and quite deep as well. Im very upset, and don't know wat to do. ive kinda cried as well. The dent are so deep, it makes it hard to bend some strings. What should i do? Am even scared to tell dad because hell tell me that i shoulsnt have put my guitar there. What should i do?

"No pain No gain!"- The Scorpions

(@artlutherie)
Noble Member

About the only thing can do is go for a refret at about 10 usd per fret.Tell your dad accidents happen 'nuff said>

Chuck Norris invented Kentucky Fried Chicken's famous secret recipe, with eleven herbs and spices. But nobody ever mentions the twelfth ingredient: Fear!
ChuckNorrisFactsdotCom

ReplyQuote
(@dayzd)
Estimable Member

Go to the bass player and tell HIM that HIS bass shouldn't of been there! Then find it and rip the strings out and bite the neck and body until it looks like a chewed pencil. If the owner resists hit him with it and tie him to a chair with the strings.

either that or get it refretted...

Anything that is too stupid to be spoken is sung

-----------------------

<--=-.._DayZd_..-=-->

ReplyQuote
(@terminator)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Calm down! the bass is the schools! Infact my dad says that he can polish it.(polish the frets on my axxe, not the bass!!!)

"No pain No gain!"- The Scorpions

ReplyQuote
(@dayzd)
Estimable Member

Oh I'm so sorry. I didn't realise...oh well...in that case burn the school down. (Don't worry man...I'm just kidding :D. I'm psycho like that)

But how is polishing the frets gonna get rid of the dents? Oh...and I take it your dad took the "bad news" okay. :)

Anything that is too stupid to be spoken is sung

-----------------------

<--=-.._DayZd_..-=-->

ReplyQuote