Notifications
Clear all

fretboard glue

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@nottheo69)
Topic starter  

i just bought a bradley les paul and aside from minor work is in great condition, the one part that has me stumped a bit is what type of glue to use on the fretboard. near the nut the fretboard is unglued and pulling up, not bent or warped just unglued and i am wondering what would be the best type of glue to use andhow should i go about gluing it.

side note i am looking for a bradley eddie van halen copy. it looks like the ernie ball musicman axis/peavey wolfgang. used to have one but for a stupid reason got rid of it. if anyone could help me track one down it would be great.

(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

I think hot hide glue is the traditional stuff for that. Look around on http://frets.com/ and you'll surely find a well illustrated article on how to put a fretboard on.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

As Ric says, hide glue is traditional. Unfortunately, it's a PITA to work with. Original Titebond (not Titebond II) is an acceptable, much-easier-to-use, modern alternative to hide glue. And as for hide glue, Original Titebond can be undone with heat and moisture. So Titebond and some proper clamps are probably all you will need. Good luck.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote