Notifications
Clear all

Guitar Has No Sound Help appreciated.

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@millitia)
Topic starter  

well earlyer today my guitar fell over and slaped the floor, i pluged it in and i get no response from the strings, i took the metal piece off were the jack go's into the guitar and it seems like a good connection, i can hear the cable responds when i tap it with a pop but no strings at max volume so i would think the connection is good, the guitar is a *starcaster fender strat.

(@racetruck1)
Honorable Member

Plug it in and tap the pickups lightly with a small screwdriver, you should hear a pop at the amp, jiggle the cord, play with the switch and see if you get any noise at all while doing this.

If no sound, I would suspect the jack is bad.

Occasional sounds while moving something will point you in the right direction.

Chances are either the jack is bad or the switch got bent and is not making contact.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming......
like the passengers in his car.

ReplyQuote
(@millitia)
Topic starter  

Plug it in and tap the pickups lightly with a small screwdriver, you should hear a pop at the amp, jiggle the cord, play with the switch and see if you get any noise at all while doing this.

If no sound, I would suspect the jack is bad.

Occasional sounds while moving something will point you in the right direction.

Chances are either the jack is bad or the switch got bent and is not making contact.

well it has a sound when i tap the pickups, im not sure what the switch is. thanks for the imput.

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

the volume ,tone knobs, and pickup selector switch are the only things that stand proud on your guitar. any one of those things could have taken the brunt of the shock. if you get a sound but it shorts , then a wire was struck loose. work the switch. does sound occur at all stops ? you may want to open the guitar up and trace all the wires. solder if any are loose.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote