Clear all

Going to great lengths to find guitar wire

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@blue-jay)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Why do I have to be so different. I love vintage wire for my guitar projects, especially from cars of the 60's with pre-tinned, braided silver, to tell the truth. Sure, you can shop online, and we go to Guitar shows, but why stop there?

How about you go to an air show and a Snowbird jet nearly crashes on your head? Not quite, but here I stand in a crater of 1,000 litres of jet fuel the next day (then sick for 3 days) in a burnt-out forest, with permission from the Military to keep what I found ... a bumble-bee striped whammy bar from the cockpit seat and some fabric, and yes, that magic wire, saved from the explosion and fire, underground, where else, and maybe the best! God, I love it.

I point to it with my fat finger, and it powers the 7 sounds and infinite Strat tone blender in that near-63 replica that I've built to remember the jet, originally from around the same year, until RIP 2005. BTW they have bales of it at Airplane Museums. :roll:

Then, try a car show perhaps. Lots of stuff there. The 1958 Cadillac is already beckoning with it's combination of Fender colors, Daphne Blue and Surf Green. The 1960 Chev Panel Wagon...... maybe Competition Yellow, and Green too, close enough.

Anybody want to create a diversion, so I can get something else in uhhh.... Shell Pink? :lol:

Like a bird on the wire,
like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.

(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

You gonna put that whammy bar on your Strat, too?

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@blue-jay)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Well really, I thought about putting it on an industrial-type guitar as a lever or whammy, but just never came up with the right plan. :D

Like a bird on the wire,
like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.

ReplyQuote