Clear all

I am looking for a new acoustic amp

8 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@cifran03)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Can any one suggest me a good one, I hear that Fender have good acoustic amps.. what do you think guys? I can spend up to $300 to $350

(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

Laney LA65C and Marshall AS50R offer these. They sound great through out the frequency range.

joe

ReplyQuote
(@rodders)
Noble Member

Yes Fender amps are good for acoustics. I have a Marshall AS100D its absoloutly brilliant ! with effects such as chorus, delay, flange, and loads of reverb settings. Plus you get two channels and can play both at the same time. Also mic inputs along with audio inputs for drum machine or cd or similar. Fantastic tone. the only thing I have against it is the weight of it, needs casters really for moving it around. In all I would say it is well worth the money I paid for it.
I should think the AS50D is as good, lighter as well I should think.
I wouldnt mind trying the Fender acoustasonic though, I'm always changing my setup :lol:
Seriously though, you have to make your own mind up on which one to go for. get down to the local music store and try them all out and take all the time you want to dont feel as though you need to hurry up. Remember you are paying them...

Be excellent to each other & party on dudes!
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=686668

ReplyQuote
(@terestron)
Eminent Member

What about a Mesa Boogie..I heard good things about them...

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

I have tried the Behringer ACX1000 and it is a sweet amp. This is the model I want to get. It has some great effects and is a dual channel with a mic imput as well. It also has the "hide-away" amp stand legs that you can lean the amp back a bit...

ReplyQuote
(@modestcargo)
Eminent Member

I'd try to find a used Fender acoustic amp. Also check out the SWR California Blonde.

Epiphone Black Beauty Les Paul 3-pickup (Hawk)
Marshall DSL401 run on clean channel

ReplyQuote
(@terestron)
Eminent Member

I was at my local guitar store yesterday and plugged my Ovation 1778T into a Kustom 65W and it was pretty sweet...I also heard the Roland AC-60 is excellent....anyone have one of these rolands?

ReplyQuote
(@alangreen)

Ashdown do some excellent accoustic amps - they're a bit pricey though.

Best,

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote