Clear all

I need help with my guitar

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@six-string-suicide)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

I'm getting really sick of this, i've asked countless people about this problem with my guitar and no one can give any advice worth using. Here's my problem, no matter what amp i plug my guitar into i can't get any sound, i've turned up the volume on both the guitar and my amp, and still nothing. my guitar does have a loose input jack, its been that way for months and its worked fine, but i don't know if thats it or not. i'm dying to play my guitar but i've done everything i can think of. i really need help!

Some people don't like to stop and take a look at the big picture, i make them stop, and i make them look.

(@minotaur)
Noble Member

I read, maybe here, that to fix a loose input jack unscrew the jack plate then tighten the nut on either side of the plate, and put it back. I'm going to have to do that with mine. For now I just tighten it from the outside. If that's not the problem maybe a connection inside has finally given up the ghost. Personally I would take it in for service.

It is difficult to answer when one does not understand the question.

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

It's likely the internal wiring is now broken because you continued to use the jack without tightening. If you realize something electronic -- a control, jack, pickup -- is loose, do not keep using it just because it works, as eventually something will break. In particular, loose jacks allow stress on the internal wiring, which can break due to simple "jiggle" movement or more often by rotation.

Minotaur is correct -- take your guitar to be serviced. Take the cable with you and let them check that too just to be sure it's not the (somewhat unlikely) culprit or contributing to the issues.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@six-string-suicide)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

ok thanks both of you. i'll have to find a place i can get it fixed in my area.

Some people don't like to stop and take a look at the big picture, i make them stop, and i make them look.

ReplyQuote