Notifications
Clear all

ibanez cimar

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@jakriz11)
Topic starter  

ok, I got a cheap guitar for $15 thinking I could use it as a couch practice gtr.

I put on new strings and tried to set the intonation. would not happen. I took out the tremelo bridge and put a fixed bridge over the hole. (the fixed bridge anker screws were on the out side of the tremelo hole-so I drilled them and put on the fixed bridge)

2 problem occurred.

1. the saddles rattle mostly on the thick E and A strings.
2. the intonation just will not work. i.e. on the 1st 2 strings when you use the tuner the intonation appears to be set, but when you play the E note on the B string at the 17th fret the pitch is off (even though it is good on the 5th fret)

I got a cheap bridge because I do not have a lot of cash to fix up this gtr. not that it is even worth fixing up, but would like to have a practice gtr that will stay in tune and intonation is good.

thanks

(@alangreen)

So, I guess there are two questions here

1 - the rattle

2 - the intonation

Unless I've really misread it all.

Can anybody help on this one?

And if you've got an Ibanez for $15 then I figure you've got a pretty good deal even if it's not completely fixable.

Alan

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@blue-jay)
Noble Member

I think that pictures would help - I'd like to see what kind of screws and "legs" those fixed-bridge saddles have, and if they're sitting fairly flat or way over to the opposite configuration which is lop-sided. I try to follow the frets' radius with saddles. Maybe the E and A are too low and there isn't enough downward pressure from the strings on them - that's my guess with nothing else to go on? About the intonation, could it be sharp or flat? If we know, we can try to help with that.

Like a bird on the wire,
like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.

ReplyQuote