Ibanez Truss Rod Adjustment

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@mikecullen)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Sorry about the double post!

I've started to play my s540 again and the neck is completely bowed!!! :? The action is unbearably high. I've only ever dealt with strat and epiphone LP truss rods, that can be adjusted with an allen wrench. When I removed the cover on this one it's a bolt on a screw, and I'm not sure what to do.
Any help? Or should I just get it set up professionally so I dont screw anything up?

"This is a public service announcement....with guitars!"

(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

Inconsiderate of Iby to make you need new tools for such a common task. And they don't have a standard size, either!

You need one of these:

Available here:
http://www.universaljems.com/cart/tools.htm

Ask around on one of the Iby forums to see if someone can help you find the right size tool.

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@mikecullen)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Inconsiderate of Iby to make you need new tools for such a common task. And they don't have a standard size, either!

You need one of these:

Available here:
http://www.universaljems.com/cart/tools.htm

Ask around on one of the Iby forums to see if someone can help you find the right size tool.

They never fail! For example, I got the thing used and couldnt tune or change the strings for two weeks because the size of the allen key(whatever you call that) was so strange!

Ughhh....

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Anybody who rides a bicycle has likely bought a set of metric Allen wrenches. In my cycling days I never took to the road without one. That'll cover your guitar Allen wrench needs pretty well.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@mikecullen)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Anybody who rides a bicycle has likely bought a set of metric Allen wrenches. In my cycling days I never took to the road without one. That'll cover your guitar Allen wrench needs pretty well.

I figured out the allen wrench issue a while ago, I use the same wrench I use for my skateboard. :D

ReplyQuote