Clear all

Is my guitar normal?

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@hobbypicker)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I've got a DeArmond M75T solidbody. It's got two singlecoil pickups with separate tone and volume knobs and a 3-way toggle switch. I've had it for years, but am mainly playing acoustic, so I'm not really into the use of the knobs on an electric guitar. I know that the switch activates the bridge pu when switched down and the neck pu when up, and both in the middle. Tonight I discovered that only the bridge pu's volume knob is working when the switch is on the middle. Is this like it should be, or is something wrong? If so, are there any good advice for troubleshooting to find out exactly what's wrong?

I must admit I feel a little foolish to not know this after owning the guitar for years, but believe it's better to ask stupid questions and get good answers, then not asking at all! :oops:

(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

it is possible that it is normal. the blend pot or tone control for the other pickup
probably takes over to shape the different sound. on some guitars when the neck
pickup is switched the treble pot doesn't control anything.

google might have some schematics for yo to check.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
(@squidward)

Hi HobbyPicker

Your guitar is fine, I had a M75T leftie for a few years and it worked the same way as yours does. Unfortunately I sold it when the arthritis in my hands stopped me playing :( My arthritis has got a little better and I can play again but I still regret selling that baby. It would have to be the heaviest guitar I have ever picked up, if you ever have to fight your way out of a nasty situation this is the axe you want in your hands.

"It's pretty clear now that what looked like it might have been some kind of counterculture is, in reality, just the plain old chaos of undifferentiated weirdness."
- Jerry Garcia

Squidward

"It's pretty clear now that what looked like it might have been some kind of counterculture is, in reality, just the plain old chaos of undifferentiated weirdness."
- Jerry Garcia

Have A nice Life
Squidward

ReplyQuote
(@hobbypicker)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Thanks Squidward, :D
Good to be assured my DeArmond is fine, it sure is one heavy guitar but I fell in love with the sound at once when I got it in my lap. Beat both
US stratocasters and Les pauls, if you ask me. I try to learn some jazzy chord progressions in between acoustic fingerpicking, and I'm sure happy with it!

ReplyQuote