Skip to content
Issue with concentr...

Notifications
Clear all

Issue with concentric stacked tone knob and/or pot.

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@curbedenthusiasm)
Topic starter  

I just began having an issue with the concentric stacked tone control for my bridge pickup.
I'll try to explain it.
The volume knob works fine and is not impeded or anything, but the tone knob turns and turns in either direction with seemingly no effect on the sound. Nothing out of the ordinary happened to the guitar or the knob, either. It was working, I tried turning it, and suddenly it wasn't working. I hadn't used the guitar in a bit, but not any great length of time.
The whole knob does appear to be lifted from the body a little bit, and when I press the tone knob down to the body, it won't turn without lifting up and notching forward/backward, but it still doesn't stop in either direction, like it's not catching or something. I don't know if it's a knob issue or an issue with the pot.
I'd post a picture to illustrate the issue further, but I can't seem to find my camera. I'll keep looking and will add one later if anybody thinks it'd be helpful.
I looked up a few videos and guides but couldn't find one for concentric stacked controls and none of the issues were all that similar to mine. I also didn't want to muck around with removing the knobs until I had more information about what to possibly look for/do.
Any attempt at help is greatly appreciated, either way.