Skip to content
Just bought a Fende...

Notifications
Clear all

Just bought a Fender DG-14SCE... What do I do now?!

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@matthew)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Hey

THis was my very first guitar purchace. I'm finished with my piece of junk $150 Yamaha with the terrible intonation and extremely high action that just WON'T come down.

So I went out with my teacher and he helped me pick out this beautiful acoustic electric fender the DG-14SCE.

Anyway, I brought it home. and then when no one is around to help me. I come up with a bunch of questions. And there's no manual with it...

1. Should guitars come with care and warentee type manual?

2. There's "Fender" written across the pick guard in a bunch of places, which is obviously supposed to come off as whenever I hit the pick guard some of it scrapes off... But I don't want to go scraping at the pick guard or is that ok? How do these come off nicely?

3. I poped out the place for the battery and now I can't get it back in! Obviously don't want to push too hard, but the catch on the one side won't go all the way into the guitar! My teacher was playing with it in the store and it was fin.

4. Is there any other things that need to be done on a new guitar, personal tricks or things I need to do?

Hope you guys can help.

"Now people put you down for the way that you lived
But those people never knew you the way that I did
Don't be ashamed of who you were of how you died
I know you just wanted to find the brighter side..." - OPM

- Matthew

(@metaellihead)
Honorable Member

1. Somtimes they do, somtimes they don't.

2. It's that plastic sheeting stuff they stick on the pickguard to keep it from scratching. Just use your fingernail or get some tweezers to pull it off. Don't be overly worried about scratching your pick guard. It's designed to absorb light damage and protect your finish. You can baby it all you want but it WILL get scratches on it eventually.

3. Are you talking about the battery cover? If you or your teacher can't figure it out take it to the store and have sombody there help you. They might give you a new one or somthing.

4. Not particularly. You might want to have it set up by a professional if the action isn't to your liking or replace the strings if you haven't allready.

-Metaellihead

ReplyQuote
(@paul-donnelly)
Noble Member

1. In my opinion, yes. They might also include a referral to this place to clear up any questions you might have about the document.

2. It just peels off. Start at the edge and you gan get most of it off in one piece.

3. Wiggle the battery around a bit in its cavity. I've never actually seen the battery compartment in that guitar, but often wiggling it will let the thing close. I've had the same problem with my Ebow. I think I'm understanding the problem right.

ReplyQuote
(@matthew)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Ok, the plastic cover on the pick guard made me feel like an idot. Thanks. =)

As for the battery compartment... it's got the equilizer controls on it, and you push in these two tabs on the top and bottom and it slides out of the guitar and the 9 volt goes inside, then you push it back in, but since I took mine out the compartment won't go back in far enough to clip into place, If I push REALLY hard I can get one side, but the other's damn near impossible.

Probably have to take it for a drive tommorow... Can ask if there's a book I should have had too I guess =)

"Now people put you down for the way that you lived
But those people never knew you the way that I did
Don't be ashamed of who you were of how you died
I know you just wanted to find the brighter side..." - OPM

- Matthew

ReplyQuote