Clear all

Improving a cheap guitar

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@stevedabear)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I have an Encore Strat, yeh i know its cheap, and i know i should rush out to buy a new one lol, but are there any improvements i could make to it which would be worth while considering cost ? would a new set of pick ups turn it into a squire ?

(@demoetc)
Noble Member

Other than pickups, is there anything wrong with the guitar or do you just want to upgrade a little? I mean, is the neck/action okay and does the vibrato stay in tune and like that.

For those kinds of things, if say the guitar is hard to play or doesn't feel nice and smooth, you could go down and have new strings put on it and have it professionaly setup.

Other than that, there's the pups. I suggest Duncan HotStacks, but there's lots of others besides.

And if it's still not giving you a sound you want, you might also think about upgrading the amp, or your effects pedals.

Something along those lines.

Best

ReplyQuote
(@stevedabear)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Thanks a lot :)

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

Sure there are lots of things you could do help improve the sound, tone and playability. If you looking for an Opinion, I would say save your money for that Guitar you've always wanted.

Joe

ReplyQuote