Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Found it in the trash!

The sticker inside reads:
The Santa Rosa Folk Guitar Company
Standard Size Guitar
K119
Made In China

The only thing I found wrong with it is the nut.

"Da*n your bolt-brained bearings!" Rod Gallowglass to his faithful, epileptic robot, Fess.

"As you wander through life, wherever you go, keep your eye on the donut and not on the hole." -- Paul Osteen (brother of Joel Osteen)

(@vanzant38)
Reputable Member

WOW KOOL. I will absolutely dig through the trash if there is a free guitar inside.

My dad would always talk about retirement, and allude to the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. And I say all you've got at the end of the rainbow is death. You're riding the rainbow right now. - Mark Borchardt

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

nice find. ya beat me to it.
I would add a raised nut and make it a lap slide. :)

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
(@alangreen)

Is it really missing a nut? Looks like it has a Zero fret to me.

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

Zero-fret guitars still need a nut to hold the strings in the right place, surely? My kay does anyway :)

Nice find Mike.

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

My Yamaha Hollow body electric has the same design. I first fret. I do have a nut on there as well.

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@mikeo)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Is it really missing a nut? Looks like it has a Zero fret to me.

A :-)
Yeah, the white lines in the third picture are marks from where it was. No old glue to scrape so it should be an easy fix.

Any idea how old this is?

"Da*n your bolt-brained bearings!" Rod Gallowglass to his faithful, epileptic robot, Fess.

"As you wander through life, wherever you go, keep your eye on the donut and not on the hole." -- Paul Osteen (brother of Joel Osteen)

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Quite recent if it's Chinese.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@piratefromhell)

Oh man, it just kills me when guitars are abandoned like that. It's like...finding a hungry puppy inside a wet box next to a dumpster. I can't beleive how people can do it. I just can't. It hurts inside when I see a guitar left like that...kinda like when I ::have:: to turn away when a guitar is smashed by someone onstage... It's the reason I stopped listening to The Who. Actually no it wasn't...it was more the fact that they su...yeah I won't carry on, I keep these things to myself.

Anyway, glad to know someone took the guitar in. Get it fixed and in playing condition again, all it needs is a warm heart and I'm sure it can get over whatever it's been through. Remember people, a guitar isn't just for christmas...it's pretty much for your whole life...

ReplyQuote
(@racetruck1)
Honorable Member

Get the steel strings off that! This is a classical guitar. I've heard of them but that is all, no experience with them.

Still, a nice find!

See if you can house train it!

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming......
like the passengers in his car.

ReplyQuote
(@mikeo)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Get the steel strings off that! This is a classical guitar. I've heard of them but that is all, no experience with them.

Good idea! I now have three (1 electric, 2 acoustic)

1 elec., 1 steel, 1 nylon, SWEET!

Sit, girl; good girl... :lol:

ReplyQuote