Notifications
Clear all

loose neck

5 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@mbaker3039)
Topic starter  

I recieved an esteban 6 string accoustic for my b-day. After tightening the strings I noticed that the neck was pulling away from the body. Is this a defect? Or can this be fixed by tightening something? An help would be great.

sirN
(@sirn)
Reputable Member

From what I've read about Estaban's guitars, it pretty much seems par for the course. Take it or send it back and get a cheap acoustic (under $ 200) from your local music store.

Sorry, but that's my suggestion. :cry:

check out my website for good recording/playing info

ReplyQuote
(@mattguitar_1567859575)
Noble Member

mbaker

don't be offended by this (I guess its hard not to be) but someone's bought you something in good faith as a present - that will serve you well........as fire wood. That might sound a bit harsh.....but its true.

Think of it as the 1970's Lada in the car world.....and a badly built Lada at that.

Go get yourself a nice beginners guitar, by a decent brand - Yamaha or someone like that.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings.

Oh, and happy birthday!

Matt

ReplyQuote
(@dayzd)
Estimable Member

Yamaha however is kinda expensive...I got a Walden 6 string acoustic for my first guitar...never given me any problems and comes at a decent price.

Anything that is too stupid to be spoken is sung

-----------------------

<--=-.._DayZd_..-=-->

ReplyQuote
(@metaellihead)
Honorable Member

Yamaha however is kinda expensive...I got a Walden 6 string acoustic for my first guitar...never given me any problems and comes at a decent price.

I think the more imporant thing is that he gets a new guitar. Just about anything in a music store would outclass what he's got. No offense to the poster, but that Esteban guy is a real crook for selling those guitars and endorsing them.

-Metaellihead

ReplyQuote