milli vanilli stickers

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@blackzerogsh)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Just joking about the subject.

My sister wants me to put a patrick sticker from sponge bob square pants on my guitar, and Im wondering, if I did put it on, would it be a real hassle to take it off?

It's one of those normal stickers that you get in the cereal box, or from a coloring book.

I think taking it off would leave some of the adhesive behind, but Im not sure?

And finally would it damage the poly finish on my strat by any chance?

Guess not but, how would I go about taking it off if I wanted to later on?

Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

If you are thinking about taking it off before you even put it on, I would say don't even bother. Besides, we all know Spongebob's the man. :lol:

If you do decide to put it on and then to take it off. After you crack yourself in the forehead a couple of times, you can use lighter fluid (always apply a little in a small area that is not easily scene, that way you can test if it will harm the finish)

I was going to say use a belt sander, but you have to have a really light touch for that. :P

ReplyQuote
(@blackzerogsh)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

You cannot deny his greatness :lol:

Im asking, just in case I would need to remove it, would it cause much of a problem?

Plus, Ive already cracked myself enough times in the forehead[/img]

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

The biggest problem is, the paint under a sticker doesn't age like the exposed paint. Once you remove the sticker, you can never make the paint match.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

Come on now, say it with me, "Spongebob is the man!".

Over a long period of time you will run into problems (sunlight/age to finish issues).

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

You will do what you really want to do (and I encourage this), but don't expect anyone to say this will be a completely reversible operation. It's not. Even if you put it on for a short period of time, you will end up doing something chemical, mechanical (rubbing, polishing) or both to the area where the adhesive "was" to remove all traces. At the very least this will cause slight scratching or fogging that would have to be buffed out -- and that's one more chance to do some newbie damage. Patrick will leave his mark one way or another.

"Look, Gary, that's Patrick on that guy's cool guitar!"

"Meo-o-w!"

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote