Clear all

Music Man Sabre question

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@davisaggie)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

A few years back a friend of mine was moving cross country and gave me his old electric guitar. Since he was not sure if it worked or not I did not think much of it. I recently took it in to be looked at by a local repair guy because it didn't seem to work right. The repair guy thinks there could be a problem with the treb and bass knobs (I think he said the pots were bad). Only problem is its a Music Man Sabre II or Sabre I that was made before Ernie Ball bought the company and he can't find a wiring diagram or parts. Does anyone know where I can find either the parts to fix this or a wiring diagram that I can pass on to my repair guy?

Thanks.

(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

I really can't imagine that pots could be a problem, they're pretty much standard parts.
As for wiring, why doesn't he look at the current setup? If no-one has messed with it, it's going to be as the factory made it. If he can't work off that then he isn't worth letting anywhere near the guitar.

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@davisaggie)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

He tried going off the current set up but neiter of us are sure if someone before me messed with the wiring. If he bypasses the bass and treb controls then everything works fine, that's why he thinks the problem lies there.

ReplyQuote