Notifications
Clear all

my B.C. Rich Mockingbird

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@floatingsilent)
Topic starter  

i droped emg's in it. but the tuning pegs are pure garbage. i want to put grover tuners on it.. but i dont know the peg size and i dont know if those tuners will do well on my sad lil bird. i would really appreciate some help or ideas about this.. ohhh and i got a floyd rose on it dont know if that matters.... this is one of the cheapest models but its my first so i wanna keep her in the line up and have her grow with my skill. thx for the time

(@trguitar)
Famed Member

What type of headstock you got? 3 on a side or slant 6? Are the current tuners sealed ones? If so likely the larger holes that Gotoh and Grover fit into. If covered backs probably the vintage or Kluson style would fit. You can take one out and measure the hole too. I say if you are attached to it fix it up. Why not?

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
(@floatingsilent)
Topic starter  

i think i will just take one off and measure... It's three on both. I dont really know any thing about tuners, this is the first time i really had to worry about them... i just thought grover because my bro's guitar has them and there amazing(compared to the playskool tuners on mine)mine are so horrible lol. Besides the overall cheapness of the guitar i think the tuners are by far the worst thing on the guitar. I love that damn thing. Hey i see you are like the dude that helps most peeps out.. really appreciate that. i do my best to pass own what i learn but haven a place to ask stupid questions is priceless so thx to TRGuitar and guitar noise.

ReplyQuote
(@blue-jay)
Noble Member

Once you measure, you'll probably be assured that Grovers will do the job nicely, or Schaller's (but they have locator pins) or Sperzel, also with an extra locating pin, so it takes another little hole, that you have to drill shallow(ly).

So yeah, Stew Mac's website should have specs for all these tuners as well, they used to have meausurements listed.

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Tuners.html

And welcome to the forum!

Like a bird on the wire,
like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.

ReplyQuote