Clear all

My ears!!!!!

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@dayzd)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Okay...I practice electric guitar with headphones. Usually I have no problem but now sometimes I hear this major badass sqeeling feedback type sound that just comes outta nowhere. I pin pointed the problem down to the output jack in the guitar. I put it in and nothing happens but while I'm thrashing the thing it kinda turns a bit (its a right angle like plug...not just a straight cable plug...whatever) and it causes this noise. I don't know if its moisture inside it, on the actual plug or if there is just a problem with the electronics inside but whatever it is it can sometimes be quite scary. Any help would be greatly appreciated before deafness takes its toll...

Cheers! :D

Anything that is too stupid to be spoken is sung

-----------------------

<--=-.._DayZd_..-=-->

(@ssstrat11s)
Eminent Member

My bass had a similar problem, luckily the electronics are attached to the pickguard, and i was able to take that off and examine it. If the cord moves around while its in the jack, you'll need to bend the clip which holds the cord in. It may not be falling out, but whenever it moves it does some major crackling and unwanted sound affects.

Buckle up - It makes it harder for the aliens to suck you out of your car.

Borrow money from pessimists, they don't expect it back.

ReplyQuote