Notifications
Clear all

My Peavey Vypyr Buzzing?

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@tech_death_dood)
Topic starter  

i have a problem with my peavy vypyr 30 watt amp making this buzzing/sqeuling noise. it does this no matter what guitar, cable, or outlet i use. another thing is that i looked this problem up on line on google and it reported that there were several people with this exact problem. any ideas why this might be happening?

(@blue-jay)
Noble Member

You have researched and found that lots of vypyrs have the programming trouble, bad software or feedback & hum?

Example: "Slight feedback, high pitch noise in the background when using passive pickups. Less noticeable with actives. Running a buffered pedal in front of the amp takes care of it. Input buffer issue, or settings of the internal noise gate? "

Otherwise, reset all of the effects or modelling buttons, especially gain or whatever they call it - such as post gain and level, and start the amp over again. If that doesn't help; even if it does, seems to be defect in the amp. Any warranty?

Youtube covers many stages or menus here with an !@#* ad?: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofAtycZp_rU&feature=related

Like a bird on the wire,
like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.

ReplyQuote