Notifications
Clear all

Neck Replacement for Fender Mexican Strat

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@bluesman)
Topic starter  

I was thinking about replacing the neck on my 2005 Mexi strat with a 60's style neck.

Anyone know if this is feasible? If so, what should I watch out for...any tips/tricks, etc...?

(@artlutherie)
Noble Member

define 60's style.

Chuck Norris invented Kentucky Fried Chicken's famous secret recipe, with eleven herbs and spices. But nobody ever mentions the twelfth ingredient: Fear!
ChuckNorrisFactsdotCom

ReplyQuote
(@kingpatzer)
Noble Member

Anything is feasible, depending on how much money you have :)

But MIM strat parts are easily swapped out with MIA parts.

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." -- HST

ReplyQuote
(@97reb)
Noble Member

Bolt holes lining up. Width of the neck where it meets the body. Depth of the neck slot where the neck meets the body. Shape of the neck where it meets the body (Round vs. Square). Will there be any gaps or any need of routing the body due to the neck and body dimensions where the neck meets the body. These are just a few thoughts.

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote
(@kingpatzer)
Noble Member

Really if you go with a modern post-production replacement neck, you'll be fine.

If you are trying to work with a vintage neck from a '60s strat, then I'd be very concerned about being able to make it fit.

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." -- HST

ReplyQuote