Notifications
Clear all

NEED HELP ASAP

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@raide)
Topic starter  

hello, i am a realtively new guitar player. One of my strings has broken and i went to replace it, but when i tried to put the new string into the bridge, the peg (i dont know name of it) that secures the string in the bridge will not fit in! :shock: my first reflex was i wasnt pushing hard enough, so i tried to push harder, BUT THE PEG BENT!!! (the peg still fits in the hole, tho) :shock: by this point i was very nervous, and very depressed, since i've been practicing at least 90 min every day, and this is so discouraging, i want to play my guitar, but i cant, PLEASE HELP ME!!

Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Make sure that the slot in the pin is lined up with the string. If the pin does not have a slot make sure the string is in the bridge slot when you put the pin in.

Put the ball end of the string a little deep in the hole then put the pin in and pull the string up to the bottom of the pin. Then press the pin all the way in. It does not have to be forced in it just has to catch the ball between the pin and the bottom of the string hole.

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

If you look at the bridge hole and the pin you'll see a groove in one or the other. In order for the pin to set properly.

Maybe this will Help.

Restringing Clinic

Joe

ReplyQuote
(@raide)
Topic starter  

i just have one more question, I'm goin by a music store tomarrow, does anyone have any recomendations for new replacement acoustic strings?

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

IMHO nothing better than Elixor 12's for an acoustic.

But then again string are all about opinions and that opinion is personal. Find the ones YOU like and go with them. May take a little experimentation but in the end you will be happy.

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote