Clear all

New guitar

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@slowhand)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Hey, i just started playin guitar 1 month ago, its a cheap fender squirer. The problem is that the plastic lamination is getting loose around in the edges, am i supposed to leave it there or should i take the plastic lamination off ??, Also, when i clean my guitar, should i then just use a slightly wet piece of cloth ?? or cant the guitar/strings take the water?????

(@u2bono269)
Noble Member

that plastic that's coming off is merely protective of the plastic bits. Don't worry about it...it's like that little piece of plastic that covers cell phone screens when you buy a new one..

As for cleaning, a damp cloth should be fine. maybe get a polishing cloth and a bottle of polish, too.

http://www.brianbetteridge.com

ReplyQuote
(@the-dali)
Noble Member

I suggest taking the plastic off after you've removed the knobs since the plastic gets stuck under there. Nothing to worry about.

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

ReplyQuote
(@barr00mhero)

I would be careful when using water around the electronics. If you just want to quickly clean your guitar just pick up a bottle of Gibson 65 polish. It will come with a lint-free cloth that you can use. Also spray the polish on the cloth before you begin, as apposed to spraying directly on the guitar. And make sure to whipe your strings off, preferrably after every use, but just try as often as you can. If you want to get a little more exstensive, when you change your strings take some #00000 super fine steel wool (oil-free) and gently clean your fretboard and your frets. I bought this stuff called "Guitar Honey fingerboard oil" that i spray on my fretboard when im done cleaning it and let it set for a few minutes than whipe it down and it. It really brings out the natrual color of your fingerboard, and it makes it feel incredibally smooth. It also does a great job protecting it against moisture, sweat, and grime.

ReplyQuote