Skip to content
Ok, so my friend dr...

Notifications
Clear all

Ok, so my friend dropped my guitar kinda..

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@ou2mame)
Topic starter  

So yeah, my friend bumped into my guitar that was leaning on the couch, and the neck slammed into the coffee table. Now every chord sounds all skewed, and the only way for it to play is with the strings fairly far away from the frets. I used to be able to keep them all the way down pretty much w/out any buzz. Is there any way to fix this? I would think the truss rod would be able to adjust it? I would need some very decent pointers on adjusting it though, because I really don't know much about it. I just started playing, so I really don't know much about guitars. Its a drive wildfire x2 if that makes any difference.

(@ou2mame)
Topic starter  

Oh, and I just thought of this, I don't know if it makes any difference. It was really humid the other night, and kinda hot in my bedroom, so I turned on my a/c not realizing that the air was blowing towards the guitar across the room. Could this have anything to do with it? Its mainly the 1-3 strings that buzz the worst, though the low e tends to do it as well with the action lower. It was awesome to play up until last night. I don't know which did it cause I didn't play it after it got bumped into the table.

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

Take it to a guitar shop and have the tech take a look - it's possible that the collision with the coffee table raised one or more of the fret wires.

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@ou2mame)
Topic starter  

Oh, I should add that the buzzing mainly comes from the first fret with the action set like it was, with it raised slightly the second and third as well. It hit around the 10th or so fret. And the only decent guitar shop around here is sam ash, and I'm not on good terms with them because the guy sold me a cheap guitar package saying it would be decent enough to learn on and I ended up taking it back in an hour because the amp couldn't do the one thing I wanted it to do, play an undistorted note. So there was this whole big argument about it and eventually they waved the 20% restocking fee. My friend picked this one out at a pawn shop it was dirt cheap and played great up until.. :(

ReplyQuote
 Bobb
(@bobb)

the trus rod just needs adjusted. 'Specialy if it was humid recently.

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

go to http://home.nycap.rr.com/nils/
Basic set-up/ follow the simple guide to check the level of the frets, you may be able to do this yourself and save some cash

#4491....

ReplyQuote