Pick ups too high?

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@kblake)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Hey all,
I was showing someone my MIm Strat the other day and he reckons the Pups are too high in the middle..
What do you guys think?
To me it plays fine but what do I know LOL

http://members.optusnet.com.au/keithblake/

Thanks
Keith

I know a little bit about a lot of things, but not a lot about anything...
Looking for people to jam with in Sydney Oz.......

(@doug_c)
Reputable Member

I dunno about "too" high, but I think those middle polepieces are definitely higher than any I've ever seen before. :shock:
If it doesn't seem to be having an adverse effect on your playing and/or tone, it might be okay. Otherwise, you might want to look over this tutorial and see what Brian has to say about it: http://www.projectguitar.com/tut/aph.htm .
If you make adjustments but don't like how it feels/sounds, you can change it back.

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

Have you tried measuring the distance between the strings and the pickups to see if their within spec's. What I do sometimes is move them farther away and listen to how it sounds and slowly bring them back up. I generally go by how it sounds. If their to high the strings won't vibrate right. Besides you can always move them back.

Joe

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Nothing looked too high from comparing it to my Deluxe. If you don't have any problems playing it and it sounds fine, I'd leave well enough alone.

Nice guitar, BTW!!! :D

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@kblake)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Thanks all I think I'll stick to the "if it ain't broke. don't fix it" theroy...

Hey Bish Yeah it is I LOVE IT !

Keith

I know a little bit about a lot of things, but not a lot about anything...
Looking for people to jam with in Sydney Oz.......

ReplyQuote