Clear all

string changing @ ultimate-guitar.com

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@niklas)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

There is a new video lesson at ultimate-guitar on how to change your strings. I recently bought some new strings but haven't changed them yet, mostly because I don't do a good job.

Well, this video shows a different way to change your strings, and I think I might try it. I'm just wondering if anyone else has tried this way or want to comment on the video before I start restringing.

Here is the video by the way: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/columns/features/steal_this_video_re-stringing_guitar.html

"Talent is luck. The important thing in life is courage."

Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

This is just one more way to string a guitar. The basic concept in stringing is to get as close to 3 clean winds as possible around the post. The key with this approach is to make the 3 winds first then pull it tight with a pair of pliers then feed the string through the hole. If you don't get the string pulled tight you will end up with more than 3 winds when you tune it up. It is no better or worse than holding back a little string and tightening it if you guess at the right amount to hold back that ends up with 3 winds.

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@niklas)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Then I'll try this way to string the guitar, because when I've tried other ways of doing it the strings became taught already after one wind.

"Talent is luck. The important thing in life is courage."

ReplyQuote