Notifications
Clear all

Pitch fluctuation everywhere on a string

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@klaufir)
Topic starter  

My guitar is a 6-string Framus Camarillo, made by Warwick.

There are some radical pitch fluctuation on my high E string. It happens on the whole string, even when its open, on every fret, including the highest (22th). To illustrate the problem, here is a recording. E0, E12, E22, E12 plucked in order as you can hear them in the mp3. This problem makes every note played on the high E string a pain to listen to, and so far I haven't managed to get this ringing noise out of the tone.

So far, I have lowered the pickups, but nothing changed (heard the magnets can cause something like this). Picking the same notes on a different string don't cause the problem to reappear, so I don't think it has been caused by some parts vibrating with specific frequencies. My suspect is the bridge, but I have no idea how to proceed. I have tried to touch every possible part while the ringing noise were going on but nothing seems to stop it. :cry:

Any advice?

Thanks for your help.

(@moonrider)
Noble Member

Maybe this thread can shed some light on your problem. They sound similar . . .

Playing guitar and never playing for others is like studying medicine and never working in a clinic.

Moondawgs on Reverbnation

ReplyQuote
(@klaufir)
Topic starter  

Turns out, a small piece of paper where the string touches to bridge silenced the annoying 'ringing' sound. Apparently the cut for the string was too wide.

Problem solved.

ReplyQuote