Notifications
Clear all

Please help me pick a strobe tuner

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@bryanttaylor1965)
Topic starter  

Hello, this name is Bryant from North Carolina. I want to set the intonation on my guitar. All I have is a chromatic tuner that just isn't cutting it for the intonation task. I mean I'm getting no where with it. I really don't have much money to spend on a strobe tuner because I was laid off from my job recently and I can't draw unemployment. Could someone recommend a inexpensive strobe tuner that will do the job for me. How does a strobe tuner differ from a regular chromatic? Are they that sensitive? Thank you in advance if you can help me.

(@imalone)
Reputable Member

Hi, see this topic from last year, it's about general tuners rather than stroboscopic specifically, though it does mention stroboscopic ones.
https://www.guitarnoise.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=49916&p=445385&hilit=+peterson#p445385

If you want hardware then the cheapest is probably the Peterson stroboclip (discussed in that thread, people seem quite happy with it), but an alternative is a stroboscopic tuner for your computer (or an app for a smartphone if you have one), which only requires that you have some method for plugging your guitar into it. Peterson do an iPhone app and Mac/Windows software, however there are definitely others.

Edit:
Don't know why I thought that thread was from last year, it's from the start of this one.

ReplyQuote