Clear all

Problem with electronics on my Schecter

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@giorgi)
Topic starter  

Hey guys,

I got a Schecter C1-FR which has served me well for the last 6 years. However, right now I got a problem with my pickups. Here are the symptoms, hope you'll be able to diagnose what's happening:

1. My neck pick-up isn't working, in the beginning it was "losing" signal, meaning that I would flip the switch to the neck position and the signal would be either really weak or non existent, then I would switch back and forth between neck and bridge pickups and the signal would reappear. I usually abuse the switch in my style of playing, I use it a lot to toggle between the two pickups (Randy Rhoads/Tom Morello technique thing), so maybe this is because of the switch... However...

2. My bridge pickup is still working. BUT it has a nasty buzz when I let the strings ring a little bit and on distortion it is amplified and appears during palm muting. I've changed the strings a couple of time and tried different gauges but it doesn't help.

Hopefully you'll be able to help me out,

Thanks !

(@kent_eh)
Noble Member

I'd guess your switch is dirty, wearing out or otherwise damaged.

Something likethis might do the job.

Unless... Is there any crackling/buzzing while you adjust the volume control(s) ?
If so, one of them might need some attention.

I wrapped a newspaper ’round my head
So I looked like I was deep

ReplyQuote
(@s1120)
Prominent Member

Sounds like a dirty/bad switch to me. I would replace that, and look for any bad solder joints.

Paul B

ReplyQuote