Skip to content
Putting a passive a...

Notifications
Clear all

Putting a passive amp jack on a resonator?

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Sorry. Can't answer your question. However, I just want to make sure we get to hear some of that when you get it done. :D :D :D

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

(Purely observational, not meant to offend) Based on your questions and comments about guitars and playing: Yes, have it done -- especially if you really mean installation of a jack and a pickup.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@hyperborea)
Prominent Member

Ok I would like to know if I should just have a my music store owner put in the jack himself since I'm still new to guitar maintenance?

http://schattendesign.com/tricone.htm

That's a decision you're going to have to make. Did you read over the installation instructions? There seem to be three things you'll need to be able to do and feel comfortable with: 1) disassembling your tricone (and reassembling it afterwards); 2) drilling a hole to let a wire pass through; 3) a small amount of soldering to connect the pickup to the output jack.

If you don't feel comfortable with all of those then get it done by a guitar teck/luthier. Maybe if you ask nice they'll let you watch?

Pop music is about stealing pocket money from children. - Ian Anderson

ReplyQuote