Clear all

Putting Straps on an Acoustic Guitars?

9 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@medarrah)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I would rather not drill a hole in my guitar. Is there any other way I can get one on?

(@steve-0)
Noble Member

Well I don't know about adding another knob by not drilling, but if you want to play with a strap you can always tie the end of the neck (between the tuners and the nut) with a shoelace or something like that, and loop it through the hole in the strap and use the one pin at the other end of the guitar, you'll have a half decent way to play with a strap.

Steve-0

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Most straps still come with a lace that can be tied under the strings just above the knot at the headstock. If you don't have one, go to the shoe section of a department store and buy a piece of leather bootlace. It's more secure, leather not slipping easily. You've got to pay attention that you use a simple knot that will be secure, yet be easily removed when you want it to be, though.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@causnorign)
Honorable Member

Theres a little gadget available, I think from Planet Waves to quickly disconnect the strap from the tied on the headstock lace. It costs about 2 or 3 bucks.

ReplyQuote
(@eljoekickass)
Eminent Member

I used to put the headstock end of the strap into one of the tuning pegs. Unfortunately, the peg got loose because of all the pressure and the movement. String works much better. Just try to find a subtle string. My friend used some rainbow colored shoelaces, the big wide ones, and it looked ridiculous.

ReplyQuote
(@wylesmyde)
Estimable Member

My friend used some rainbow colored shoelaces, the big wide ones, and it looked ridiculous.

Hey, there's an idea. Maybe the bright colors would distract people from hearing my mistakes when playing
:lol:

ReplyQuote
(@medarrah)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I guess that could help!

ReplyQuote
(@wylesmyde)
Estimable Member

Medarrah, I was referring to my playing, not yours. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

ReplyQuote
(@medarrah)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I wonder what color would help most if we just got one color :D

ReplyQuote