Clear all

Question for Seagull owners

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@number6)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I just bought a Seagull S6 Slim and I'm loving it so far. There's just one little thing. If I shake the guitar a little or drum on it, there's a thumping coming from inside. It's probably just a wire from the pickup, but I was wondering if anyone else had noticed this? There's also a little rattle, as if from a loose metal piece (it's not the battery, I've checked). I've waited long enough to get this guitar, so I'd rather not have to give it up for a week to get it fixed. I'm just making sure it's not something common to this instrument first.

Thanks

The hunger site. Click once a day to give free food.

(@lue42)
Reputable Member

I don't own one, but have spent many hours in music stores dreaming about them... I have never heard what you are describing. I guess that your suspicions may be correct.

Can you get a flashlight in there to see for yourself? If so, (next time you have the strings off) can you secure the wire, or whatever is making the sound? (a little dab of hot glue or something like that)?

My Fingerstyle Guitar Blog:
http://fsguitar.wordpress.com

My Guitars
Ibanez Artwood AWS1000ECE-NT
Schecter S-1 30th Anniversary Edition
Ovation CS257
LaPatrie Etude
Washburn Rover RO10

ReplyQuote
(@number6)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I've been able to get a mirror in, but I haven't seen anything.

The hunger site. Click once a day to give free food.

ReplyQuote
(@hyperborea)
Prominent Member

I've got an older Seagull M6 and it's a great guitar. I get no thumping or rattling. If you just bought it then take it back to the store and get them to look at it. Don't start messing around with stuff on a new guitar or you may not be able to get it looked at if you screw it up.

Pop music is about stealing pocket money from children. - Ian Anderson

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

wires inside an acoustic usually are held in place by adhesive clips and similar. sometimes the adhesive releases from the guitar body, allowing the clip to hang semi-free enough (still attached to the wire) to rattle and bang around inside the guitar.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote