Notifications
Clear all

refretting stratocaster

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@duskwings)
Topic starter  

hi,i need to have my poor fender stratocaster refretted,the frets r completely worn so there s no way to level them.Unfortunately i m broke so i need to do the job on my own,i watched some videos on youtube and i think i can do it,but before i begin i have some questions to ask to anybody who did this already:
1: i m thinking of using dunlop jumbo frets (6000 or 6100) and i m going to use the pre cut set instead of fret wire,is there any difference in the quality?
2 dunlop s site doesn t specify the tang size of the frets and i don t know the depth of the slots of the frets on my guitar,is it an important measure,do i have to take note of it and specify it when i order the frets ( my fender is a 1990 american standars,if anybody here already knows the tang size i d be grateful)?
3 i read that a good alternative to these frets is stailess steel jescar frets,they r supposed to last longer but r supposed to be harder to work,if i chose these frets could i do the job with a frettinghammer?
please let me know if there is anything else i have to consider before starting the job
Thanks