Notifications
Clear all

repalcing the stock pickups on a Squier strat

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@brain-pollution)
Topic starter  

I usually play with a Gibson double cut Les Paul taht has dual P-90's in gigs and practice but when my band plays parties or a place where i'm not really comfortable bringing my Gibson, I play my old Squier, but the stock pickups are very whiney and can't be turned up very loud. What would be a good replacement pickup and should i do it myself or have it set up at a shop?

(@artlutherie)
Noble Member

Can you solder? If so get some Hot Rails for that humbucker crunch if you want to stay with coils Get a set of EMG's The S's or SA's.

Chuck Norris invented Kentucky Fried Chicken's famous secret recipe, with eleven herbs and spices. But nobody ever mentions the twelfth ingredient: Fear!
ChuckNorrisFactsdotCom

ReplyQuote
(@artguitarhendsbee)
Estimable Member

I'm Doing the exact same thing with my squier. The site http://store.guitarfetish.com/wipi.html has a bunh of hand wired picguard you can jsut pop into the sucker and they are fairly inexpensive for what you're getting. I haven't ordered mine yet but I plan on it.

Has anyone everer ordered pickups of the site, If so can you give some review type comments?

ReplyQuote