Clear all

Speakers

7 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@hondaman)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

i have a 90 watt fender deluxe 90 and i wanted to replace the speaker for a celestion vintage 30 but it says that vintage 30's are only 60 watt so would that work for my amp?

(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

It will work as long as you don't really crank the amp. But you usually want to get a speaker rated maybe 25% higher than your amp. So, maybe 125W in your case.

But still, if you play at reasonable volumes, this should work fine. The Vintage 30 is a great speaker.

Let us know what you do.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@hondaman)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

what speakers can you get that are 125 watts?

ReplyQuote
(@mad_guitarist)
Eminent Member

try eminence. the texas heat's i have in my cab are rated at 150w each.

I don't want you to play me a riff that's going to impress Joe Satriani; give me a riff that makes a kid want to go out and buy a guitar and learn to play.

— Ozzy Osbourne

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

Celestion makes a G12K-100, Mesa Boogie 90 watt celestion black shadow.

Joe

ReplyQuote
(@hondaman)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

just looking for a warmer sounding speaker i was thinking of either the texas heat or the red ryder because the speaker in it is so trebly that it wants to blow your ears off but thats probly just the amp

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

What about using a couple of Equalizers in the siganl chain. Then if you can't create the tone your searching for change speakers.

Joe

ReplyQuote